Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Chopped (in my) Kitchen

I love playing Chopped at home! It's fun to experiment and create new variations of dishes based on what you have on hand at home.

Recently, I've discovered that you can make different versions of "pesto" and "hummus" by tweaking the ingredients. Two of my recent faves are mint-teriyaki pesto and black bean hummus. Here's how I made them:

Mint-Teriyaki Pesto
  • Mint leaves
  • Pumpkin seeds (roasted with or without salt)
  • Olive oil (just enough)
  • A little honey
  • A little Soy sauce
  • veggies of choice (I blended in a few leftover raw carrots and broccoli)

    Put everything into a chopping or blending device, blend, adjust to taste.

Black Bean Hummus

  • Black Beans (and some leftover water from cooking them)
  • Peanut butter
  • Raw Garlic * I used four cloves

    Blend, baby, blend. The ratio of black beans to peanut butter was probably around 4 to 1.
Well, that's all for chopped *in my* kitchen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment