Monday, November 5, 2012

Two weeks ago in Chopped (I mean My) Kitchen...

I like to pretend I'm on the TV show Chopped when I cook. There are 2 reasons for that. One, I have a need to try new things and two, I love to be gameful. Acting like I'm on a show where I can only what's provided (plus the pantry) makes things fun. I look through the kitchen, grab ingredients that need to be cooked and see what I can make. Two weeks ago, I made something that my son has decided is his second-favorite meal. It's a vegetarian potato pancake with green onions, zucchini and garlic.

As I remember, I used:

5 potatoes, shredded
2 zucchini, shredded
2 bunches of green onions, chopped
5 garlic cloves, shredded
2 eggs
Some flour
Some pepper
Some salt

I mixed it together and deep fried it (but since it's vegetarian, it's still healthy, right?)

It tasted a lot like those onion pancakes you can get at some Chinese restaurants. Not bad.

Here's a pic:


No comments:

Post a Comment