Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SoundCloud National Poetry Month Collaboration

If you've never used or checked out SoundCloud, go on over there, right now! SoundCloud is a free web service and app that lets you record anything from podcasts, to music to poetry. There is a cool group set up for National Poetry Month inviting people to participate by reciting a line from their favorite poems. In addition, you can remix it and add music. That's what I did using SoundCloud and another free app, Audiotool.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm any good at this, but I can say it was fun. At my library, we taught a short workshop on how to use SoundCloud. Participants brought their mobile devices. You can download SoundCloud for the Droid and iOS. You can also record right onto your computer using minimal tools (I used a gamer's headset.)


No comments:

Post a Comment